OK you think of Brother as inkjets and sewing machines. But it is a serious small business supplier and the addition of two business class, A4, 600 DPI, desktop scanners may make you rethink its pedigree.
The PDS-5000 and PDS-6000 are 60 and 80 page per minute (at 300 DPI) scanners with auto-duplex (does both sides) at the same speed. They are designed for continuous workflow and great for healthcare, retail, education, finance and legal yet at A$1399 and $2,199 these are priced to suit any business.
The only drawback is that they only support USB connection to a PC or Mac. Network connectivity via Ethernet or Wi-Fi would have made these real winners.
- Ideal for High-Volume Scanning Environments - With a daily duty cycle of up to 6,000 pages
- High-Speed Scanning - Scans single and double-sided materials in a single pass, in both colour and black/white, at up to 80ppm
- Multi-Page Scanning - From the generous 100-sheet capacity automatic document feeder (ADF)
- High-Precision Scanning - Up to 600 dpi optical resolution, plus a robust collection of image optimisation features including multi-stream, dynamic threshold, edge clean-up, hole punch removal, de-speckle, colour matching, and more
- Rapid Image Processing - Via the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface
- Advanced Scanning Features - Including ultrasonic multi-feed detection with reversing roller to ensure each page is properly scanned, and batch barcode support for simplified file sorting and searching
- Versatile Media Handling - Easily scans business and plastic cards, including embossed plastic cards, and a variety of documents up to 236" in length
- Scan Destinations - E-mail, OCR, File, Image, FTP, Network, Print, and Microsoft SharePoint
- Kofax VRS Compatible - An industry leader in image processing software that automatically examines scanned materials and applies the appropriate image correction settings for optimal scan results
- Windows, Mac, and Linux compatible
Kofax VRS compatibility enables the PDS-series devices to deliver the best-possible image quality through improved optical character recognition (OCR) processing. Barcode batch scanning support allows SMBs to increase efficiency by rapidly processing multiple mixed sets of documents without pre-sorting or stopping and starting.