Better Digital Camera reviewer Alex Cowley spent some time with the Epson Stylus Photo R2880, during which this A3+ printer was recognised for its superb print quality - in colour AND in black and white, as well as it's versatility.
The Epson Stylus Photo R2880 features the latest ink technology - Epson UltraChrome K3 ink with Vivid Magenta, making it the ideal printer for professional photographers who demand prints of the highest quality, the finest detail and the smoothest gradation.
Here is what Better Digital Camera had to say about the Epson Stylus Photo R2880...
"...from our first test print we were impressed by how clear and vivid the colours actually were."
"The print quality is simply superb and those wanting to be able to print black and white photos to rival traditional darkroom pictures will be very happy indeed."
"The jaw dropping picture quality aside, the R2880 also includes a list of features that will make it a very useful tool both at home or in the studio"
Alex Cowley, Better Digital Camera, July 2009
Epson Stylus Photo R2880 KEY FEATURES:
- A3+ size printing - High quality prints up to A3+ in size
- Superb colour photographic prints - Epson UltraChrome K3 ink with Vivid Magenta expands the colour gamut in blues and purples, making it easier to reproduce the more difficult colours
- Outstanding black and white photographic prints - with three black ink cartridges creating smooth tonal gradation, superior neutral grey tones and a high D-max for blacker blacks
- Professional print quality - includes Epson's new LUT (Look Up Table) technology for optimised gradation, reduced graininess and constancy in colour
- Versatile media and finishes - print on glossy, matte, fine art and roll paper media up to A3+ in size and on media up to 1.3mm thick
- Extensive black and white control - with the Epson driver users have greater and accurate control over the tone, brightness and contrast of black and white print outputs
- CD/DVD printing - for customisation and personalisation of audio & visual contents