Taipei, Taiwan, June 6, 2014-QNAP Systems, Inc. today announced the availability of QTS 4.1-the revolutionary app-driven NAS operating system. Building on QTS 4.0's proven usability & features, QTS 4.1 adds even more useful apps to heighten entertainment and productivity for home & business users alike. With its familiar layout and intuitive user-friendly design, QTS 4.1's web-based multi-window operations greatly simplify the day-to-day operations of QNAP Turbo NAS systems.
As the functionality and performance of modern network-attached storage increases, so does the potential that they get too complicated for everyday home use. "QTS 4.1 operating system however provides a wide-range of apps that greatly simplify the operation & management of the Turbo NAS. With dedicated apps for enjoying multimedia, managing files and backing-up data joined by the all-new Notes Station and Signage Station apps, QTS 4.1 provides home users with everything they need in a useable and straightforward manner," said Tony Lu, product manager of QNAP.
This ease of operation is extended by an array of mobile apps for Android & iOS devices that allow users to monitor and sync, stream and share from their Turbo NAS at anytime, anywhere. And with an active QTS 4.1 App Center and open development platform, users are provided with the potential of near-unlimited functionality for their Turbo NAS servers.
Business users also benefit from productivity-enhancing apps & features. QTS 4.1 supports SAMBA v4 to allow the Turbo NAS to act as a domain controller for Windows, Real-Time Remote Replication that allows 2-way data synchronization between two Turbo NAS units and supports FTP root-path, the enhanced NetBak Replicator backup application for Windows platform, the vSphere Plug-in v1.3 for remotely managing VMware datastores, McAfee virus scanner, and Hyper-V thin provisioning automatic space reclamation. Virtualization tasks are also enhanced with the new Virtualization Station, allowing for a Turbo NAS to be a virtualization server hosting multiple VMs and applications.
"QNAP takes great pride in creating high-quality networked storage solutions for home & business use," added Lu. "The evolutionary QTS 4.1 enables users to fully utilize the power & potential of our Turbo NAS whether for home or business use. With a growing range of rich apps complimented by an active app development environment and our constant focus on evolving the QTS operating system, users will continue to experience the very best in networked storage solutions from QNAP."
New Apps & Features of QTS 4.1:
1. Notes Station: a digital notebook on the private cloud of the Turbo NAS that records users' ideas and notes with large storage capacity;
2. Signage Station: allows users to create animated content and display it on TVs, tablets and mobile phones via web browsers;
3. Photo Station: adds personal photo wall, photo albums made by drag-n-drop, photos collection by dates or tags, journal history on Google Maps, and login with Facebook account;
4. Video Station: adds video classification, video tags and smart collection;
5. File Station: adds smart filters for file searching, photo thumbnails, VLC for multimedia streaming, and shared links allowing mutual file sharing;
6. Qsync: adds versioning control;
7. Qget: an mobile app for downloading files on the go, video backup from video sharing sites, and BT search and download tasks management;
8. Qfile: adds zip/unzip support, music playback bar, and folder & file sharing;
9. Qmusic: adds music searching by title, album, or artist;
10. myQNAPcloud.com: a QNAP membership portal for registering for an "QID", managing multiple NAS, and publishing & sharing Turbo NAS services;
11. SAMBA v4: supports domain controller for Windows, and SMB 3.0 protocol for Secured Data Transmission (SDT);
12. QNAP NetBak Replicator: creates VSS snapshot of VM or database on the Windows, and backs up the content of the snapshot to the Turbo NAS; Supports VHD/VHDX (Virtual Hard Disks) backup;
13. RTRR: supports 2-way synchronization between two Turbo NAS units and FTP root-path backup;
14. vSphere Plug-in v1.3: remotely creates a datastore on a dedicated volume more flexibly;
15. Windows 2012 R2 Hyper-V thin provisioning automatic space reclamation;
16. Virtualization Station: enables managing multiple virtual machines created on the Turbo NAS;
17. McAfee virus scanner: available in QNAP App Center with a 30-day free trial;
18. Surveillance Station 5: increased compatible IP cameras to 2,600+, an intelligent user interface for intuitive operations, easier camera setup, faster video lookup, smart recording, 2 or 4 free IP camera channel offerings, Vcam mobile app support, and more;
19. App Center: provides more than 100 install-on-demand apps to increase diverse applications on the Turbo NAS.
Availability & Compatibility
QTS 4.1 is available for the following Turbo NAS models: ?SS-439 Pro, SS-839 Pro, TS-110, TS-112, TS-119/119P+/119P II, TS-120, TS-121, TS-210, TS-212/212P/212-E, TS-219/219P/219P+/219P II, TS-220, TS-221, TS-239 Pro, TS-239H, TS-239 Pro II, TS-239 Pro II+, TS-259 Pro/259 Pro+, TS-410, TS-410U, TS-412, TS-412U, TS-419P/419P+/419P II, TS-419U/419U+/419U II, TS-420, TS-420U, TS-421, TS-421U, TS-439 Pro, TS-439 Pro II, TS-439 Pro II+, TS-439U RP/SP, TS-459 Pro/459 Pro+/459 Pro II, TS-459U-RP/SP/459U-RP+/SP+, TS-509 Pro, TS-559 Pro/559 Pro+/559 Pro II, TS-639 Pro, TS-659 Pro/659 Pro+/659 Pro II, TS-809 Pro, TS-809U-RP, TS-859 Pro/859 Pro+, TS-859U/859U+, HS-210, TS-1079 Pro, TS-1269U-RP, TS-1270U-RP, TS-269 Pro/269L, TS-469 Pro/469L, TS-469U-RP/SP, TS-569 Pro/569L, TS-669 Pro/669L, TS-869 Pro/869L, TS-869U-RP, TS-870U-RP, TS-470 Pro, TS-670 Pro, TS-870 Pro, TS-879 Pro, TS-879U-RP/EC879U-RP , TS-1279U-RP/EC1279U-RP, TS-1679U-RP/EC1679U-RP, SS-EC1279U-SAS-RP, SS-EC1879U-SAS-RP, SS-EC2479U-SAS-RP
For more information on QTS 4.1 and other QNAP networked-storage solutions, please visit www.qnap.com.